Samsung SDS is looking for Hardware Technicians for their Taylor, TX location! Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services. If you are self-motivated and can work with a cross-functional team, we want to hear from you!
As a Hardware Technician you will assist with structured cabling and adjustments to network connections for technical systems. This role requires you to drive from Taylor to Austin, TX during several weeks for training (North Austin to Taylor area).
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Hardware Technician
- Assist with installation, adjustments, and changes to network connections for technical systems
- Install, terminate, test and troubleshoot copper/fiber cabling mediums for data infrastructures in a large enterprise environment
- Able to support 24x7 data center and fab operation to be determined by on call scheduling
- Occasional support to network team (rack and de-rack network devices, support during HW replacements, hotfix participation to resolve connectivity issues, etc)
- Follow all on-site security protocols and Standard Operating Procedures, and comply with all company policies
Requirements for Hardware Technician
- High school diploma
- Valid driver's license and must have reliable transportation
- Some experience in construction, knowledge of safety practices, familiarity with cable construction and industry standards
- Familiarity with copper testing procedures and metrics
- Must be able to work a Monday through Friday 8 to 5pm schedule and on weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, work in elevated areas on ladders upwards of 40 feet, in confined spaces and tight areas for long periods of time
- Must be able to drive from Taylor, TX to North Austin often